I love tabouleh. I love lentils. In this salad, they love each other.
This is more of an idea than a really specific recipe, per se. I needed to make a quick lunch, threw this together, and it was fresh and filling at the same time (not to mention low-fat, high-protein)… perfect.
All of these measures are estimates, and I think that you could combine these ingredients in just about any proportions and the result would be delicious.
- 1 cup green lentils, cooked and cooled (dry measure)
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 of a red pepper, finely chopped (to brighten the colour and add crunch)
- 1/3 of an English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (for a normal person) or ~6 garlic cloves (Garlic Fiend option), pressed through a garlic press or finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of cumin
- Salt and pepper
Mix it all together. Eat it for all your meals and snacks until there is none left.